Vidyasagar College – Admission, Merit List 2019 : Vidyasagar College, named after Pundit Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar, is a government-sponsored college, affiliated to the University of Calcutta in North Kolkata, India. It was the first private college in India which was run by the Indians, taught by the Indians and financed by the Indians and official website www.vidyasagarcollege.edu.in and www.vidyasagarcollege.org.
Eligibility Criteria for Vidyasagar College Admission 2019
Educational Qualification :
1. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1st Semester of the 3-year B.A./ B.Sc. (Honours and General) Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not being less than 100.
2. Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary (10+2) Vocational examination conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training shall be eligible to seek admission to the B.A. (General/ Major) 1st Semester Course of Studies taking the subjects under Humanities Division only.
3. However, no candidate shall be allowed for admission after a lapse of more than 5 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination. (Explanation: The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying Examination).
4. Students who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) examination or its equivalent from the All India Boards/ Councils (i.e. CBSE, ISC and National Institute of Open Schooling) need not require to submit the Migration Certificate for getting Registration under this University.
5. For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the Honours Course, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. However, marks in compulsory Environmental Education/ Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. If the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining aggregate marks.
6. Minimum 50% in aggregate and 45% in the Subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. or,
7. 55% in the Subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. or,
8. 50% marks in the aggregate, when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination.
Application Fees : Application fees amounting to Rs.350/-
Vidyasagar College Admission 2019 – www.vidyasagarcollege.edu.in
Name of The College : Vidyasagar College
Affiliated to : University of Calcutta
College Website : www.vidyasagarcollege.edu.in and www.vidyasagarcollege.org
Departments : Arts Stream and Science Stream
Courses of : Honours & General
Level of Courses : Undergraduate Level and Post Graduate Level
Application Mode : Online
Courses Available in the college :
1. B.A. Honours– English, Philosophy, Geography, Bengali, History, Journalism, Sanskrit, Food & Nutrition, Political Science, Hindi, Economics.
2. B.Sc. Honours– Mathematics, Botany, Computer Science, Physiology, Physics, Electronics, Bio-Chemistry, Chemistry, Zoology, Psychology.
How to Apply for Vidyasagar College Admission 2019
Eligible students can apply online through official website www.vidyasagarcollege.edu.in and other admission website www.vidyasagarcollege.org.
Address : 39, Sankar Ghosh Ln, Simla, Machuabazar, Kolkata, West Bengal, 700006.
Important Links Details :
Click Here ⇒ College Admission 2019
Click Here ⇒ Apply Online
Click Here ⇒ College Website
Disclaimer : Students should carefully read the Admission Notice for detail information, regarding Educational Qualification, Departments, Courses and how to apply about Vidyasagar College – Admission, Merit List 2019.